Quinoa is a food that, until a few years ago, was a complete unknown to many. However, little by little he began to gain a large number of adherents and, currently, this food is present in many kitchens and diets. If you still do not know the properties of quinoa, you should know that this food It has a lot of benefits when compared to other cereals.
One of the characteristics that make it so special is its high complete protein content, which is why a preferential gap has been made in tables of vegan and vegetarian people, as well as athletes and those who, without following a certain diet, enjoy taking care of themselves. If you want to know how to prepare quinoa for breakfast and fill yourself with protein for breakfast, read on. We tell you!You may also be interested: 4 healthy and quick breakfast recipes
How to prepare quinoa
When buying quinoa, we will check that it is a hard seed, as if we bought rice or lentils. Because of this, it cannot be consumed directly (unless we buy it already pre-cooked, although it will always be healthier if we prepare it ourselves at home).
- To cook quinoa, the first thing we should do is wash it. For this, the most advisable thing is to leave it some time in a container with water. Approximately about 20 or 30 minutes.
- Then, we will remove the water by passing it through a strainer and it will be ready to cook. This step is important because quinoa has a high content of saponins, some disinfectant substances that, although they are essential for the plant, in our stomach could cause heaviness, as well as providing bitterness.
- Once we have the quinoa washed, we can boil it directly with a little salt and a little oil. The cooking time varies between one type of quinoa and another. Usually, the most common is to leave it al dente, which usually entails about 15 minutes boiling over medium heat. However, the best way to ensure the best result is to try the quinoa while cooking.
- Then, we will remove the quinoa from the heat and strain it to remove the water. Then, we will wash it with cold water to cut the cooking, as is usually done with Italian pasta or rice.
Before discovering some of the best recipes with quinoa and how to prepare quinoa for breakfast with other ingredients, you may also be interested in discovering the benefits of quinoa.
When to prepare quinoa for breakfast
As we have seen, quinoa is prepared quite easily, although you should always keep in mind that to carry out all the steps correctly, you will need some time. This means that, if we want to have a quinoa breakfast, the most recommended will be prepare quinoa in advance stop consuming it ready at the moment we want.
Quinoa can be cooked and stored in a container inside the refrigerator without any problem, since it is a food that you can stay in the fridge for 5 to 6 days No problems, sometimes even more. Thus, if we are going to start taking quinoa with our breakfasts, the most advisable thing will be to cook it quietly when we have time and leave it ready in the fridge to be able to take it directly in the mornings without the time being thrown on us.
To learn how to prepare quinoa for breakfast, you should first know how to preserve quinoa to see, step by step, how you can make the most of the benefits of quinoa.
Quinoa porridge for breakfast
If you try the quinoa directly, without dressings of any kind, you will see that it is a food with little or no flavor. For this reason, if you are thinking of how to prepare quinoa for breakfast, we suggest you try some of our recipes with quinoa favorites
The porridge with quinoa It is a recipe with quinoa for breakfast very healthy, rich and simple to prepare that. Also, if you are vegan or vegetarian, this recipe can become one of your favorites. You will only need:
- Almond milk or coconut milk.
- 2 or 3 cups of quinoa, depending on the amount you want.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- Half a banana
- A handful of raspberries or blueberries.
To prepare this quinoa breakfast recipe, follow these steps:
- Cook the quinoa as we have shown you previously.
- When you are about to remove the quinoa from the heat, add the almond or coconut milk. If you prefer, you can also add the milk later, although we recommend that you mix the two ingredients well so that the taste is richer.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and cut the banana.
- Add the banana over the quinoa and then the raspberries and / or blueberries.
If you want to prepare quinoa for breakfast and bet on the delicious quinoa porridge for breakfast, you should know that you can prepare it with a wide variety of ingredients and in many different ways. You can add, for example, apple pieces, blackberries, strawberries or any other healthy ingredient that you want to mix with quinoa.
Quinoa with milk for breakfast
Another good option to prepare quinoa for breakfast is to cook quinoa with milk, a recipe simpler than the previous one but equally delicious. You will only need:
- Milk (you can choose the milk you prefer)
- A little cinnamon (can be cinnamon powder or a twig)
- Lemon or orange zest to accompany (optional)
- Sugar or other sweeteners
Once again, quinoa with milk for breakfast can be prepared with different ingredients and in more ways than one. Since we discovered you, then how to prepare quinoa with milk for breakfast quickly and easily:
- Cook the quinoa as previously indicated.
- While the quinoa is preparing, heat the milk, cinnamon and lemon zest (or orange) in another pot.
- After 10 minutes, remove the mixture and sweeten it as you prefer (otherwise, it could have a somewhat unpleasant bitter taste).
- Add the mixture to the quinoa and let the recipe cool.
More quinoa recipes for breakfast
If you want to discover more recipes for prepare quinoa for breakfast, we recommend some creative and original quinoa recipes to start the day with energy:
Quinoa with pieces of fruit or red fruits
It is one of the simplest and fastest combinations to prepare which, in addition, is also very healthy. In this case, it is enough to place in a bowl a portion of chopped fruit (or red fruits directly) and combine it with a proportional amount of quinoa. The fruit brings a fresh and sweet flavor to the combination, which is why it is one of the most popular quinoa recipes for breakfast.
Quinoa with yogurt and honey
If you are one of the people who take food of animal origin, another option to prepare quinoa for breakfast is to combine it with a portion of natural yogurt and some honey. This is also a simple and highly energetic proposal that has a high protein (vegetables and animals). Without a doubt, the best option for people who require high performance in sports activities.
Quinoa with olive oil and tomato
Another variety that can be chosen to prepare quinoa for breakfast is to convert the traditional bread with tomato into quinoa with tomato. Although it is a somewhat avant-garde change, the result is really delicious, and, in addition, it will provide you with a large amount of vitamins C and E from early in the morning.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to prepare quinoa for breakfast, we recommend that you enter our Recipes category.