Mango is one of the most delicious exotic fruits for the palate of any diner, as its sweet and citrus flavor at the same time It is exquisite both cooked and naturally. Mango, native to India and planted for more than 5000 years, was introduced in Latin America through Brazil in the 18th century and, since then, all countries in the world have been able to enjoy delicious dishes and recipes with mango.
Mango, also known as the peach of the tropics, is a very versatile fruit that can be tasted in a thousand different ways. Have you ever wondered how this fruit is consumed? Do you wonder if the mango gets fat? Next, in, we teach you how the mango is eaten and everything you should know about this food. Recipes with mango included!You may also be interested: How dragon fruit is eaten - the best recipes
Benefits and properties of mango
If mango is one of the star fruits for many people, it is due, in large part, to the large amount of protein it contains. Here are some Reasons why you should include this food in your diet:
- The mango has high water levels, so it is a diuretic food It will help you avoid fluid retention. Mango is also a satiating food that can help you lose weight and regulate your digestion.
- In addition, the mango is rich in provitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin B5, which favor the production of collagen and calcium in the body. This means that the mango is as good for the skin as it is for bones and other parts of the body.
- Mango also has a high potassium content, which is why its intake is recommended for people with kidney failure problems.
- This fruit also intervenes in the development of red blood cells and improves the body's immune cycle.
- In turn, for their high levels in fiber and magnesium, the mango helps improve bowel function.
- Finally, we discover that mango is a powerful antioxidant, so it is a fruit that your body will appreciate.
Does eating mango fat?
There are many people who wonder if eating mango fattens. The answer may not surprise you, but the truth is that, as always, this will depend on the amounts consumed by each person.
From, we want to tell you that usually the handle doesn't get fat, although it is always advisable to consume it in moderation. This is because the mango is composed mainly of water, which makes this fruit a perfect food to prevent fluid retention in the body.
The high levels of fiber in the handle They make this food have great benefits:
- On the one hand, mango is considered a natural laxative, so you can prevent or even improve problems related to constipation.
- Thanks to this fiber, you can better regulate your digestion and make it accelerate.
- In addition, blood cholesterol rates will be greatly reduced thanks to the consumption of this fruit.
To make matters worse, mango is also a satiating food, so it will give you that feeling of being full even if you don't have large quantities of food. This is very beneficial in case of people who want to control their weight or even eliminate a few extra pounds.
How mango is eaten
There are many ways to eat mango and benefit from all its properties; Whether in salads, smoothies or naturally, mango is a delicious fruit that you can taste as you prefer. However, before going into detail about the different recipes that you can make with mango, we want to discover you how the mango is eaten to take advantage of all its pulp and not get dirty.
How do you peel a mango?
If you want to take full advantage of all your meat and avoid sticking your hands, it is best to learn to peel a diced mango. This is also the easiest way to learn how mango is eaten naturally. You will only need a handle, a knife and follow the steps below:
- Cut the handle in half vertically, trying to make both halves the same thickness.
- Take one of the two halves and with a smaller knife, start making vertical cuts in the pulp of the handle. The cuts must be deep but they don't have to cut the skin of the fruit.
- When you have made the vertical cuts, make horizontal cuts so that the drawing of some cubes is in the pulp of the handle.
- Once the squares are well marked, you just have to take the handle and push the skin in so that the pulp opens and the cubes divide well. You can now eat your mango!
5 delicious recipes with mango
Now that you know how to eat mango, we present 5 delicious mango recipes that are easy and quick to prepare. Do you want to sweeten your meals with some creative and unique recipes? Prepare the palate!
Macedonia mango with raspberries
This is a dessert for 5 people which takes a preparation time of only 15 minutes. If you are looking for simple, fast and delicious mango recipes, this healthy dessert can get you out of more trouble. These are the ingredients that you will need:
- 1 large handle
- 450 grams of raspberries
- 100 grams of refined sugar
To prepare the first recipe with mango, follow these simple steps:
- To start, make a simple syrup syrup with 15 centiliters of water and 4 teaspoons of sugar.
- When the syrup is cold, you will only have to add the natural sliced mango.
- Place the ingredients on a plate and add the crushed mint and raspberries. That will be all!
If you want low calorie mango recipes, you can limit the consumption of sugar and add other fruits to your plate. You will get the food to provide the necessary sweet taste to the recipe and you can serve it to your liking.
Mango salads are one of the easiest and richest mango recipes that exist, because to make it you will only need four ingredients. You can serve these salads as a starter or as a snack, although if you prefer to serve it to snack and avoid eating between meals, it is also a great idea. You will need to:
- Two totally green mangoes (we advise you that the mangoes are not ripe, but if the green mango does not convince you, you can always choose the ones that you most like).
- Onion in thin strips, whichever you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Green or Serrano Chili.
- Salt to taste.
Now, for its preparation follow this step by step:
- First, peel and slice the mangoes in julienne.
- Then, mix the lemon juice with chili and onion.
- Then add this mixture to the sliced mango.
- Finally, you will have to dress the salad to your liking and stir everything to make it uniform.
This is an original mango salad, but if you prefer bet on a classic saladYou can always prepare lettuce, a small chicken fillet, arugula, spinach and endives and then add some slices or a few squares of mango to give your salad an exquisite flavor. It can be as delicious as the photo you'll find below.
This dessert is delicious and, in addition, it is very nutritious and digestive. It's about a lightweight mousse that does not make you fat and that is made, mainly with the pulp of a couple of ripe mangoes. Here’s how to make this recipe with mango for 6 people. You will only need 30 minutes of your time and the following ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- Condensed milk to taste
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mango pulp to taste
- 2 sachets of unflavored gelatin
- 120 milliliters of water
- First, you will have to liquefy the condensed milk and the egg yolk.
- Then, add the lemon juice to the blender and then the mango pulp. Blend again, but this time with all the ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, add the unflavored water and gelatin and let the mixture simmer. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes once you take it out.
- Next, you will have to pour the blender mixture into the bowl and simmer everything.
- In another bowl, you must beat the egg white to the point of snow and then pour them into the previous mixture beating with smooth movements.
- As a final step, you should place all this preparation in a previously greased mold and then take it to the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. When you go to taste it, it will be very fresh!
The mango jelly that we will help you to prepare next is a dessert of Venezuelan cuisine whose preparation is the simplest. If you are looking original and exotic mango recipes, this will not disappoint you:
- 3 kilos of ripe mangoes
- 2 kilos of sugar
- Lemon zest
Its mode of preparation is as follows:
- Cook the mangoes with the peel in a pot with water over low heat for 45 minutes. Keep in mind that water should cover mango cuts.
- Then let the mango pieces rest and, when you see that they are softer, proceed to peel the pieces. The idea is to take advantage of the whole pulp of the mango, so you can use a peeler.
- The next step will be to place the pulp in a pot and start cooking while adding the sugar. Remember that you should remove the shell and bone before. Then stir the mixture over low heat until the sugar turns brown, something that can happen after 45 minutes or 1 hour.
- Let the result cool to room temperature and, after a while, put it in the fridge.
- To serve the preparation, you just have to sprinkle the lemon zest on the mango jelly. It will be ready!
A smoothie, or fruit smoothie, is a delicious drink that will allow you to enjoy this exotic fruit in an original and simple way. The ingredients you will need for this juice (for one person) are the following:
- 2 handles
- 1 glass of milk
- 4 yogurts
- 3 tablespoons crushed ice
To prepare the last of our mango recipes, follow this step by step that we have prepared for you:
- First, let the yogurts cool in the fridge for a good while. Meanwhile, you can cut the mango into pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Next, you will have to cover the bowl and put it in the fridge until the handles are very cold. Once the temperature is adequate, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and pour the yogurts inside.
- Next, you must use the mixer until everything is well mixed. Add the sugar and glass of milk into the mixture while you bat so that everything is well uniform.
- Finally, you just have to add the crushed ice and serve it to your liking.
If you want to read more articles similar to How mango is eatenWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.