Apple cider vinegar is one of the most sought after products on the market, due to its incredible benefits for the world of cosmetics and health in general. There are many brands, each of different quality. However, nothing compares to what we can do at home.
To make apple cider vinegar at home there is a super easy and delicious method based on “mother”, but you will wonder: what is mother? If that is your doubt, here in we explain what it is, how it is obtained and the steps you must follow to learn to how to make apple cider vinegar with mother.You may also be interested: How to make apples in syrup
What is the mother of vinegar
In all fermented foods, not only in vinegar, there is a compound that is known as mother and is nothing more than bacteria generated from a culture; This in turn occurs when said liquid contains sugar or alcohol. Any fruit juice can become vinegar if we use it in the elaboration of mother.
Although the appearance of the mother is very appetizing, its health benefits are ideal thanks to bacteria TOketobacter aceti which is in its composition. Said bacterial colony is a powerful antioxidant, capable of cleaning the body of impurities just by consuming small amounts.
Starting from the fermentation process, the first step would be a alcohol fermentation so that sugars become an alcoholic substance thanks to bacteria. Then, the alcohol is transformed into acetic acid, responsible for the acidic pH of the vinegar.
How to make apple cider vinegar with mother
As we mentioned before, getting the mother is an easy process, but not fast and, although it can be done with different fruits, we will teach you how to make it from apples. You can use green, red or yellow apples in your preparation, however we strongly recommend the red ones thanks to its high sugar content, which is excellent for the fermentation process.
- 10 apples
- Mineral water
- 1 glass jar
- Fabric or gauze
- Blend 9 apples to make them juice and reserve one intact.
- With the leftover apple, help yourself with a knife to remove the skin, the center and cut it into cubes.
- Add the cut apple and juice to the previously sterilized glass jar. To sterilize you can enter it 10 minutes in boiling water, remove it and let it stand.
- Cover the mouth of the bottle with a cloth, gauze or paper that allows you to breathe the mixture and tie it with the help of a cord or an elastic band.
- Let the bottle stand in a dark place whose temperature does not exceed 25 ° C During 2 months and move it daily with the help of a wooden spoon to oxygenate the mixture and speed up the mother's fermentation.
- Once the 2 months have passed, strain the liquid, remove the apple pieces and start using it. If you prefer, you can leave something from the mother to continue with the fermentation and not lose its flavor or you can discard it.
You may also be interested in Fasting Apple Cider Vinegar: what it is for and how to take it.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar made with mother
Among the benefits of apple cider vinegar made with mother, include:
- Disinfectant effect: Apple cider vinegar is an excellent disinfectant and cleanser, so it is used in the world of aesthetics for hair care and pH repair of the scalp. It is also widely recommended to help hair grow healthy, strong and shiny.
- Exhilaration: It can be used on the facial skin as a pH rebalancing tonic and a helper in the treatment of acne, pimples and blackheads.
- Help you lose weight: ideal to consume on an empty stomach for people who want to lose weight. Thanks to its digestive and fat burning properties it is highly recommended to help with weight loss. Of course, good nutrition and physical movement are necessary, however apple cider vinegar is an excellent natural fat burner.
- Lowers blood pressure: helps level and lower blood pressure thanks to its high acetic acid content.
- Lower blood glucose levels: Therefore, it is highly recommended to consume it for people with diabetes or pancreas problems.
- Ideal for cleaning: excellent for cleaning the house of dirt and dirt stuck. You can use it in the kitchen, the bathroom or in pipes and drains to uncover and disinfect.
Now that you know how to make apple cider vinegar with a mother, you may also be interested in this other article on How to clean the colon with apple cider vinegar.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make apple cider vinegar with motherWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.