Getting our diet to be as healthy as possible is a less arduous task than you might believe. There are foods that, despite their simplicity and their tiny appearance, have excellent nutritional properties that make them indispensable elements in our diet. One of these foods is the birdseed.
While it is true that for a time the birdseed was relegated to the background due to the use and marketing of cereals best known by the general public, it has gradually managed to open a gap in the market and in the shopping cart of those people who want to lead a healthy and 100% natural lifestyle. One of the simplest and most delicious ways to consume birdseed is to convert its seeds into milk, so if you want to know more about this nutritious food, do not miss the following article, where we tell you everything you need to know about birdseed milk: properties, benefits and how to make it.You may also be interested: Recipes to lose weight with spinach
Properties and benefits of birdseed milk
Alpiste milk has a number of properties that provide both health benefits and beauty and personal care. Among the most important we can find the following:
- If you are thinking of making a slimming dietThis food can be the ideal complement, since its enzymes activate the digestive system, favoring optimal digestion and weight loss. In addition, it favors the dissolution and elimination of body fat dressings, becoming the perfect ally in the fight against cellulite. In this article on How to lose weight with birdseed we discover how you can consume this cereal to reduce a couple of sizes.
- Thanks to its enzymes, birdseed milk also acts as a barrier to free radicals, helping to delay aging.
- If you suffer from hypertension, birdseed milk will help you regulate your blood pressure.
- Due to its high content of omega 3 and 9, it will also help you regulate bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
- If you suffer from diabetes, it will help you regulate your blood sugar level.
- Birdseed milk contains a quantity of vegetable proteins and minerals as well as vitamins (vitamin E and vitamin B) highly beneficial for our body. There are many studies that believe that this food could even help prevent certain serious diseases such as skin cancer or prostate cancer, although, for the moment, this has not been proven scientifically.
- In addition to vitamins, birdseed milk It is highly diuretic and has anti-inflammatory qualities, so it is ideal to combat circulation problems and fluid retention, helping our body to eliminate toxins and prevent urinary tract infections.
Important things to keep in mind about birdseed milk
As you can see, birdseed milk is a food with multiple properties and interesting benefits for your health and well-being. However, if you are thinking of making birdseed milk a fundamental ingredient of your diet, we recommend that you do so taking into account the following recommendations:
- If you are allergic or intolerant to any type of food or other cereals, you should make sure that you can drink birdseed milk without problems, performing the relevant tests.
- Due to its diuretic properties, you should consume it sparingly to avoid excessive loss of minerals.
- At no time can weed milk be considered a substitute for a complete meal, it must be just a nutritional supplement That balances and complements your diet.
- Nor should you consider it a medication itself or the only treatment for a health problem.
- When buying birdseed seeds, always read the product label carefully and make sure that it is completely free of silica fibers (highly harmful to our body). We recommend that you consume organic seeds and that you acquire them in approved establishments.
- Birdseed milk, for its diuretic properties, not suitable for children.
If you have any questions about introducing birdseed milk into your diet, we advise you to always check with your GP.
How to make birdseed milk
And now, let's get to work. With the recipe that we are going to provide you, you will see that it is very simple to make birdseed milk. As we have said, it is important to buy trusted seeds that do not contain silica fibers, so once you have them, you will only need water, a blender and a strainer (if it can be made of cloth).
- The first thing is to put the birdfish to soak for 8 hours. The most advisable is leave them in water overnight and proceed to the production of milk the next day. Thus, we will make the seed seeds release all their properties. We recommend that you start soaking 6 tablespoons of birdseed. When you have more practice, you can put 12 or more depending on the amount of birdseed milk you want to make.
- After the necessary time, you must drain the seeds and add them to the blender along with water. The amount of water to add will depend on your preferences: If you prefer a liquid drink, you can add more water, but if you prefer a creamy drink, you will have to add less. This part is just a matter of taste and practice. The trick is to add water little by little and mix it in the blender until the desired texture and flavor are achieved.
- Once the desired texture is achieved, you will only have to strain the milk (if you do not have a cloth strainer you can also use a thin cotton cloth or gauze that catches the husks of the seeds and other impurities). Your delicious canary milk will be ready to drink!
Do you want us to give you a little advice? If you want to give a more special touch to your recipe, try adding a pinch of cinnamon. If you want to discover a more detailed guide on How to make birdseed milk, do not miss this article. Very cold, birdseed milk is a drink, as well as tasty and nutritious, very refreshing in the summer. As you can see, preparing birdseed milk is very simple, only a couple of ingredients are required and, of course, the best of intentions. Enjoy it!
If you want to read more articles similar to Birdseed milk: properties, benefits and how to make it, we recommend that you enter our Recipes category.