Today, mango is one of the best known and consumed by people, because due to its delicious taste and its properties it has acquired great popularity among the population. However, there are also people who avoid this fruit because they don't know its composition and are afraid of getting fat if they eat it.
Despite this, there are people who say that eating mango, in a certain way, can help you lose weight naturally. If you are also one of those who doubt and have wondered if the fattening handle, keep reading this article from. We show you the properties, the nutritional composition of this fruit and how to eat mango to lose weight.You may also be interested: Does chocolate make you fat?
Does the mango get fat? - the answer
Mango is not one of the lightest fruits that exist (unlike watermelon, orange or melon), but they also do not provide large amounts of sugar, so if you wonder if the mango is fattening or losing weight, you should know that it will depend a lot on the metabolism of each person, in the way it is ingested and the exercise and diet that the person in question carries.
Mango Nutritional Composition
If this fruit so sweet and tasty is considered very beneficial for health, it is due to its composition in carbohydrates, water, calcium, folic acid, fats, iron, zinc, potassium, manganese and vitamins A, C, E and K. As You can see, all these nutrients are essential for the body, so it is wise to say that we are facing a fruit that is very beneficial for our well-being.
How many calories does mango fruit have?
If we say that the mango should not really be the culprit that we gain weight, it is because it has a low caloric content. If you consume a serving of 100 grams of mango, 60 calories would correspond, a very balanced number.
Properties of mango fruit and its benefits
Mango, as we mentioned before, brings great natural health benefits. We explain them to you so you can take advantage of them:
- One of the advantages of this fruit, as you know, is its low calorie content. There are fruits that contain large amounts of fats and sugars (banana or coconut, for example) so they can be the culprits of weight gain depending on how they are consumed. This, fortunately, is not the case with mango.
- It has been proven that mango acts as an antioxidant thanks to its compound in lutein, a vitamin very beneficial for our body. In addition, thanks to its content in vitamins A and C, mango helps prevent heart disease.
- Is beneficial also for the digestive system, because it is rich in fiber and, consequently, facilitates the mobility of food during digestion. For this reason, mango is considered a good laxative.
- A benefit of mango that we must take into account, is that it is a fruit that helps the body's cells regenerate and strengthen the immune system.
- Did you know that mango is often used for many skin treatments? This is because the mango has moisturizing properties and many other ideals for rejuvenation and skin care.
- Given its high water content, it also has diuretic properties They help good oxygenation of the respiratory tract and the elimination of toxins through the urine.
How the mango is eaten to lose weight
If what you want is to include mango in your diet and take advantage of its weight loss properties, here are three alternatives that you can use to prepare mango and lose body weight.
- Ginger Smoothie: This recipe is very simple, because it only consists of liquefying mango and ginger. The mixture of these two ingredients is delicious and, in addition, it will help you deflate your belly, since both foods have components indicated for this purpose.
- Radish Salad: You can also prepare a sweet and sour salad consisting of mango, radishes, mustard, chives, olive, lemon and cilantro. All these foods are low in calories and will help you feel satiated between meals, so you can stay full without gaining weight. Being a food that looks good with a large number of dishes, you can experiment with different ingredients until you find a delicious mango salad like the one in the image below.
- Low calorie frozen: If you like sweet, we recommend that you prepare a tasty frozen mango. Be sure to add few amounts and that all ingredients are low in calories so you can lose weight with mango.
Keep in mind that if your goal is to use mango as a natural remedy for weight loss, it will not only serve to ingest mango, but you will have to include in your routine a balance diet, low in fat and sugar, in addition to daily exercise.
Fruits that lose more weight
There are, in addition to mango, other fruits that can help you lose weight and that you can include in your daily diet to meet your goal of losing weight. These are some of the fruits that lose the most weight
- Papaya: This fruit has a high content of water and fiber. You can start the day by taking a piece of this fruit or a papaya milkshake, since in addition to being very rich, it is very beneficial for your body. This is because papaya is one of those fruits that can help you digest protein better and fight intestinal parasites, which increase appetite.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is a fruit that cleanses the body and dissolves fats that it does not need. If you don't like the bitter taste it has, you can mix it with stevia to sweeten it. Discover, in the following article, How to take grapefruit to lose weight.
- Pineapple: This fruit improves digestion, in addition to preventing the dreaded fluid retention and constipation. It has a high fiber content, so pineapple can be a great ally for quick and comfortable digestion.
- Pear: Many people are unaware of the magnificent properties of the pear. It is a fruit that contains essential antioxidants for weight loss, eliminates fats that the body does not need and fights fluid retention.
Just as there are fruits that can help you lose weight, there are others that if you eat them often, favor the increase in body weight. Try to avoid these fruits if you want to start a diet to lose weight, as they could make your task difficult. This does not mean that you can not take a piece or a whole piece of these fruits from time to time, or that you can not take advantage of them in summer to make a rich juice, but always do it without exceeding:
- The coconut: Due to its high caloric content, this is one of the most fattening fruits. However, coconut is also one of the most nutritious fruits that exist, so we advise you to learn how to eat coconut to benefit only from the best it can offer you.
- Dates: They have a high content of fructose and 275 calories per 100 grams, so they are great supporters of weight gain.
- Passion fruit: once again, we find a fruit that although it provides enough calories, it contains very good minerals for the proper functioning of our body. That is why we recommend that you consume it in moderation, without exceeding yourself but also without disregarding it.
- Figs: Figs have a high content of fructose and calories, so try to avoid them in your diet if you want to lose those extra pounds.
- grapes: Although they contain antioxidants and do not seem the most caloric foods, grapes are another fruit that you should avoid if you want to lose weight.
- Banana: you have probably heard that bananas are a natural source of potassium, calcium and iron; However, you should also know that it is one of the fruits that has the most calories.
If you want to read more articles similar to Does the mango get fat?We recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.