Making cookies can be a fun experience and a way to integrate the whole family into the kitchen, especially when there are children in the home. Normally, we tend to prepare the recipes that have passed from family to family although, sometimes, they also like to make other types of cookies or innovate in those that are known to adapt them more to personal taste. They are cases in which it is usual that cookies do not come out quite well, especially, the first few times, leaving little crunchy. Consequently, we find that we have cookies that are too hard or too soft. Normally, this happens because of a problem in the recipe, although it is not the only reason behind it.
From, we will explain how to make cookies crispy, giving the main keys, which can be applied to any recipe. Thus, there will be no cookie that resists you.You may also be interested: How to make cookies not hard
Ingredients to make cookies crispy
For what the cookies are crispy It is important to pay attention to the ingredients. And, according to the recipe and the amounts to be used, the cookies will be crispy by themselves, or they will be softer and with a texture more similar to that of a cake.
Anyway, there are some tricks or modifications of the original recipe ingredients, which can help make cookies crispy:
- Flour: The type of flour used to make cookies greatly influences the final result. For example, all those that are gluten-free or contain little, as well as those that are low in protein, absorb less water. Consequently, the dough and then the cookie is softer. On the contrary, normal flours make cookies crunchier, like whole wheat flour, which also tends to be roasted more on the outside.
- Cornstarch: Some recipes are made with cornstarch, which is usually combined with flour. It is important not to put a lot of this product because it tends to soften the cookies. As a guide, we can say that corn starch should never exceed a quarter of the total amount of flour and corn starch so that the cookies are crispy.
- Sugar: Sometimes, for dessert to be healthier, brown sugar tends to be put on. However, this product does not help to make cookies crispy. It is better to use white sugar or in a proportion in which this type of sugar is the majority.
Does butter help make cookies crispy or softer?
Butter is one of the ingredients that is not usually missing in cookie recipes. However, with its use, special care must be taken because it is so bad to fall short in the amount (the dough will not bind well and crumbs will be made) like putting a lot (the cookie will be too soft).
In general, the butter makes the cookies more tender This is why butter cookies break easily and have that soft texture, so it is always necessary to put the exact amount indicated in the recipe.
In fact, it is not an ingredient that allows you to experiment with the quantity, but neither substitute it - unless you have some intolerance or similar problem - because the fat it contains is totally necessary to give texture to the cookie.
Tips for baking cookies and crispy
The correct baking of cookies It is another key for cookies to be crispy. In addition to respecting the time and temperature of the oven indicated in the recipe, it is important that they cool well once they are fully baked.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let them cool in them two or three minutes out of the oven.
- After that time, take the oven rack and place the cookies one at a time, so that they are well spaced between them. There, you should have them until they are completely cold and harden because, normally, they are usually soft just after removing them from the oven if they are left badly placed, for example without ventilation and touching each other.
In addition, if you still like the most crunchy cookies, another trick is to prepare them a couple of days in advance before consumption because, as the days go by, they become harder. Of course, be careful how long it takes to eat them because they do not carry preservatives.
With these tips on how to make cookies crispy that we give you since, we hope we have helped you to taste more tasty and to your liking. We always recommend that you choose quality ingredients and follow all the steps indicated in the recipe.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make cookies crispy, we recommend that you enter our Recipes category.