Jam is a product that is normally eliminated from many diets to lose weight or people decide not to take it because it usually has many calories, although it is made with natural fruit. And it is a product that is prepared having to add a significant amount of sugar. In addition, there is the problem that there are people who cannot take it because they have high blood sugar or because they are diabetic, among other possible circumstances. However, there is no reason to separate the jam completely from the food pyramid because it can be easily prepared at home without sugar. In fact, there are more and more ingredients, such as stevia, that allow you to sweeten without having to use sugar and that combine very well with many fruits. One of the tastiest and easiest jams to make is peach.
From, we explain step by step how to make sugarless peach jam so you can prepare it at home and you can consume it. But, like all candy, it should be eaten in moderation, even if it does not carry sugar.2 hours Low difficulty Ingredients:
- 1 kilo of ripe peaches
- 200 milliliters of water
- 20 grams of stevia powder
- 2 grams of agar agar
- A large casserole to sterilize the jars in which the jam will be stored.
- A knife to peel and chop the peach kilo.
- A casserole to boil the peaches.
- A glass to thicken the agar agar.
- A wooden spoon to remove the jam while it is being made.
The first thing to do is prepare the jars in which the jam will be stored. And it is important that they are sterilized so that the product is kept in perfect condition. Sterilization is easy to do.
You just have to take a casserole or large pot in which you must place all the jars and fill it with water. Then it is put on the fire so that the water starts to boil. Once the water is at this point, the next thing is to wait for some 15 minutes. After that time, the casserole or pot is removed from the heat. When the water is warm so that you do not burn, you have to take out all the jars that you had put in so that they dry very well before you pour the jam that we are going to start preparing next.2
The first step to prepare peach jam or sugarless peach focuses on peaches. You have to take this fruit and peel it and chop it until you get a kilo.3
Then, take a casserole and put water in it. Also, you have to put the peach pieces that you have cut Once you have introduced all the fruit, the next thing you should do is put the casserole in the fire. The temperature must be average. Approximately, the pot has to be about 20 minutes, which is long enough for the peach to soften. It is important that during all these minutes with the casserole in the fire, you are constantly stirring.4
The next step is to start prepare agar agar. To do this, you have to take a glass or similar container in which you have to put some water to dilute the agar agar. When it is well diluted, you can add it to the casserole in which the peaches are already soft.5
After allowing about 5 minutes after adding the agar agar to thicken well with the peach, it is time to add stevia to this mix Here we show you more about How to make jam with stevia.6
If you like that peach jam have the smallest pieces and not noticeable so much, you can crush them with the help of a fork to decrease their volume. You already have the jam made and you only have to put it in the boats to keep it well.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make peach jam without sugar, we recommend that you enter our Recipes category.Tips
- If the pieces have become very large and you cannot crush them enough with the fork you can use the mixer, but be careful not to crush the peach in excess.
- Do not forget to also sterilize the caps of the boats.
- The jam you have to dull it when it is hot.
- Once you have closed the boats tightly after pouring the jam, you have to sterilize them again in a pan with boiling water. For this, it is necessary that the water covers all the boats well (at least two centimeters above them) and wait again about 15 minutes. After that time, they are allowed to cool inside the same casserole. Then, when they are cold, you just have to dry them well on the outside and label them with the date of packaging.