There is no doubt that opening a bottle of wine is always easier, as well as more elegant and with better results, if we use a traditional corkscrew. However, either because the corkscrew is broken or because you simply don't have one on hand, we tell you different ways to how to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew. If you want to discover them, read on and we will tell you.You may also be interested: How to open a bottle of wine with a shoe
How to open a bottle of wine with a spoon
One of the most common ways to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew is to do it using a spoon. In this case, rather than opening the bottle, what we are going to get is to take out the wine. What we will have to do is this case is hit the cork with the back of the spoon, that is, with the end of the handle. The objective is that, little by little, the cork moves inside the bottle.
When the cork passes the neck of the bottle, it will fall inside the bottle, at the same time releasing the upper part of the neck and allowing the wine to be poured into the glasses despite the fact that the cork is floating inside the container. Fast and easy.
You may also be interested in this other article on How to know if wine is bad.
How to open a wine bottle with knife
Another instrument that can help us most when opening a bottle of wine without a corkscrew is a knife. In this sense, the finer and sharper it is The easiest knife will result.
- To open the bottle, use the tip of the knife to insert it between the edge of the neck of the bottle and the cork.
- When you get a little, leverage, so that the cork is gradually moving out.
- To get it out completely, repeat the technique on each side of the cork, taking out the knife and putting it back into each side of the bottleneck.
- Once the cork is removed in half, it can be cut to facilitate the maneuver of continuing to remove the rest of the cork later.
This is a method that may be somewhat slow, but that gives good results and it will allow us to enjoy the bottle of wine without the need for the cork to finish inside.Image: Dominiomundial.com
How to open a bottle of wine with a rag
This is one of the least known ways to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew, but also one of the most effective, although it is important that it is carried out carefully. For this, all we will need is a dishcloth and a firm wall against which to hit the bottle.
- Surround the ass of the bottle with the dishcloth, which should be previously folded in several parts to offer greater cushioning.
- Once you have the bottle's ass well protected with the dishcloth, carefully tap the bottom of the bottle against a wall, so that the bottle is horizontal to the floor.
- This movement, repeated several times and thanks to the damping of the rag, will ensure that the bottle cap moves gradually outside the neck of the bottle.
- After hitting the bottom of the bottle enough times, you will see that the cork has moved outside. When you are outside enough to remove it by hand, remove the cloth, put the bottle on the countertop and remove it carefully and without making too much force to prevent it from breaking.
You may also be interested in how many calories the wine has.
How to open a bottle of wine with a shoe
Finally, another of the most common methods to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew is to do it with a shoe or slipper. In this case, the technique that we will use will be the same that we have been applying in the case of the kitchen cloth. But, on this occasion, we will use the shoe or slipper to replace the rag at the time of the blow, which will cause the shoe or shoe serves as a shock absorber.
- To do this, place the ass of the bottle right on the back of the shoe. That is, just inside the shoe, in the part closest to the heel. The bottle must remain standing, so that it is vertical just in the part where our leg would do it when it was shod.
- From this position, we will hit the bottle and the shoe against a wall, so that the bottle remains horizontal to the ground.
- As was the case with the rag, the blows will make the cork move slowly outside the bottle.
- When you are out enough, simply remove it by hand.
Now that you know how to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew, you may also be interested in this other article on How to smell a wine.Image: Flipada.com
If you want to read more articles similar to How to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrewWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.