You want reduce bread in your diet? The first thing you should keep in mind that you should not eliminate it completely from your diet because it is an ingredient rich in carbohydrates, an essential food group to enjoy a healthy life. But it is true that they must have a series of considerations in relation to the consumption of bread, so, in this article we tell you how to eat less bread giving you healthy and low fat alternatives.You may also like: How to eat less Steps to follow: 1
It may be that the reason you want reduce the bread of your diet be it because you want to lose weight. In this sense we must indicate several things about it because there is a myth around this issue that is necessary to dismantle:
- The bread does not make you fat: and it is true. What makes you fat are the ingredients with which you accompany it (sausages, fats, sauces, etc.). In fact, if we remember the food pyramid we see that carbohydrates are one of the foods that should not be missing in a diet. So no matter how much you stop eating bread, you will not lose weight if you do not have a healthy diet because, remember, it is not bread that makes you fat. For more information on this topic, we recommend that you consult our article on the lies and truths of bread.
- Wholemeal bread always!: The reason for this "rule" is because, after the refinement process to which white flour is subjected, most nutrients are lost and, therefore, when we eat white bread we are not just taking vitamins or minerals. On the other hand, if we opt for whole wheat bread, we are giving our body fiber which, in turn, is good for regulating intestinal transit.
- The bread in the morning: And it is that the hydrates are that group of foods that provide us with a lot of energy and, in the case that this does not burn, it ends up being stored in the body as saturated fat. It is for this reason, that bodybuilders eat a lot of hydrates, because they transform the calories in this meal into energy.
Although we have indicated that bread cannot be lacking in your diet (the integral, of course), it is true that you must limit your consumption because it has a series of properties that can affect our health, such as the following:
- It has a lot of salt: Bread is a food rich in salt, which negatively affects our health and, above all, that of people with tension problems.
- White bread, without vitamins: We have said it before but we emphasize again that eating white bread is as if you did not eat anything, well yes: empty calories that do not contribute anything to your body.
- High glycemic index: We continue talking about white bread and that, when taken, increases the levels of sugar and insulin and this can cause from increased body weight to the development of diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
For all these reasons, it is important eat less bread in your day to day and opt for other healthier alternatives that will provide you with optimal nutrients for your body.3
the best way to reduce bread consumption in your diet is to replace it with some foods that give you the same feeling of satiety but are more beneficial for your health. In any case, eating a little whole wheat bread for breakfast is totally recommended as it will provide you with nutrients and, in addition, will help you regulate the intestinal transit.
The best bread substitutes are:
- Whole Wheat Tortilla: It is a good way to consume less bread because they are very thin and can be used in a way very similar to how we use bread, that is, we can make sandwiches and accompany our meals.
- Oats: Try to eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning since it is one of the healthiest cereals for our body since they provide a great satiety and, in addition, they are very rich in fiber. Taking these breakfasts or snacks you will reduce the bread in your diet.
- Rice or Corn Pancakes: As with tortillas, this product is perfect for replacing bread and making lighter toast and small sandwiches that contain fewer calories and are healthier than white bread.
- Oatmeal shakes: in summer, there is nothing more refreshing as a milkshake for that, a good alternative that will give you satiety and multiple vitamins is to prepare oatmeal combined with fruits of the time. It is the best idea for your snack time!
In this article we give you more tricks so that you learn to replace bread from the diet.4
So, stop eating bread, it is best to choose to include in your diet some of the above-mentioned products although, do not forget, that bread in the diet is very beneficial for health, as long as it is made of flour integral. Thus, the premises to consider for eat bread in a healthy way are:
- To be integral
- That you take them during first hours of the day (especially at breakfast)
- Avoid eating it during snack and dinner, in this article we tell you all about what is the best time to eat carbohydrates.
- Always accompany him with low fat and vegetable proteins: Set aside ham or sausage sandwiches and opt for healthier alternatives such as turkey or low-fat cheeses.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to eat less breadWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.