One of the vegetable milks More nutritious than there is currently is sesame, an energy sea drink that, in addition, provides us with a large amount of vitamins and minerals perfect for improving our body internally. This type of milk is perfect for people suffering from lactose intolerance or people who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet because it does not contain animal protein, only vegetable. You can easily find it in supermarkets or natural products stores but you can also learn to do it yourself. If you want to know how to make homemade sesame milk, in this article we discover the recipe as well as the benefits that this product will bring to your body.You may also be interested: How to prepare homemade rice pudding
Homemade sesame milk recipe
To make homemade sesame milk you have to keep in mind that the important thing is that you use quality products so that the nutritional result of your recipe is the highest quality possible. So, we recommend that you make organic or organic sesame seeds in organic stores that guarantee a product of great nutritional value.
To make this sesame milk you need these ingredients:
- 1 cup sesame natural / organic sesame seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
The first thing we have to do is to soak these seeds overnight; It is recommended that you leave about 8 or 12 hours submerged in water so that you can prepare the milk and make it perfect.
When this time has passed, you will have to remove the water and we will remain, only, with the seeds. Now, which will be softened, we must pour them into a container suitable for the blender and add 3 or 4 cups of filtered water; Blend until we achieve a homogeneous and unified mixture.
And ready! You have your homemade sesame milk ready that you can take during the next 3 or 4 days, as long as you keep it well in a refrigerated space.
In this other article we discover in detail what are the benefits of sesame.
Sesame milk benefits
Now that you know how to make sesame milk, then we will discover how you can benefit from the consumption of this milk, therefore, we will analyze the properties that this drink can bring to the body in detail.
- Very rich in minerals: sesame is a type of seed that gives us a lot of nutrients and, among them, we highlight its interesting contribution in minerals where we highlight calcium, zinc and iron. But, also, it is a very rich milk in fatty acids such as Omega 6 and 9 that are essential for the proper functioning of our body.
- Very rich in lecithin: This substance is ideal for improving some of our body's functions, such as regulating cholesterol or improving fat metabolism. But, in addition, it also improves brain capacities by making our brain much more active and improving retentive capacity and memory.
- Full of antioxidants: sesame milk also provides a lot of antioxidants to our body and, therefore, we will be much more protected against the aggression of agents such as diseases or free radicals. Therefore, thanks to the intake of this type of milk we manage to stop the premature aging of our body and get us to be much stronger and healthier.
- High in fiber: Another of the benefits of sesame milk is that it is a fiber-filled beverage and, therefore, will improve our intestinal transit but, in addition, it will also help us to purify the body through natural routes and eliminate swelling. Fiber also provides a lot of satiety, so we will be able to quench our appetite without eating a larger amount of food.
Sesame Oatmeal Recipe
One of the best combinations you can make when preparing sesame milk is add some oatmeal to that drink. Why? Because, in this way, you will get a very nutritious drink and a healthy sea that will improve the functioning of your body in a very effective way.
Before telling you how to make this sesame milk with oatmeal let's stop for a moment in the benefits of oatmeal So, to understand why it is advisable to include it in this recipe:
- Very rich in fiber: Oatmeal is also an ingredient with a great contribution in fiber and, therefore, we will be able to improve the intestinal transit in addition to being able to take a very satiating food and with very few calories.
- Reduce bad cholesterol: Soluble fiber helps us balance blood cholesterol levels and reduce the presence of bad cholesterol.
- Ideal for diabetics: Oatmeal slows the process of blood sugar absorption and, therefore, can be perfectly consumed by people with diabetes or sugar problems.
- Very energetic: One of the main characteristics of oatmeal is that it is a carbohydrate that gives us a lot of energy and, therefore, will be ideal to take during the first hours of the day and, thus, face the new day in a way full of vitality.
As you can see, mixing sesame seeds (sesame) with oatmeal is a great idea to create a milk that is nutritious, satiating and very beneficial for the organism To be able to do it, you will only have to perform the steps that we have indicated in section number one and, when you go to liquefy the sesame, add in this moment the whole oatmeal flakes and start to liquefy for a few minutes.
When you get the desired mixture, then you can strain it to eliminate the stumbling blocks that may have remained and voila! If you want a sweeter taste we recommend that you avoid sugar and, failing that, incorporate some honey or stevia.
In this other article we discover 6 types of vegetable milks with their properties so you can prepare other varieties.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make homemade sesame milkWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.