Coconut is a tropical fruit that is usually found in stores and supermarkets in its original format or already chopped and vacuum packed. However, sometimes, the amount you must buy is too high for the recipe you want to make. In addition, you should also keep in mind that not all countries have certain fruits in their market throughout the year, as is the case with coconut.
When this happens, a good option to always have coconut at home is canning With this fruit Although it seems complicated, the coconut can also be preserved perfectly like the other fruits, although the way of making the canning differs from the recipe you want to make and the foods that it includes. From, we will explain how to make canned coconut so you always have it at home and taste it whenever you want.You may also be interested: How to make canned plums
Canned coconut with lemon
The most traditional way to make canned coconut is to use the recipe you have brown sugar or brown sugar. For its realization, you only need a peeled coconut, 100 grams of panela, half a cup of milk (it can be coconut milk) and the zest of half a lemon. The elaboration is very simple:
- Take the peeled coconut, that is, with the pulp extracted.
- Next, grate the coconut.
- Mix all the ingredients until you have a uniform dough.
- Then, you must put it on medium heat until it boils, but still stirring so that it continues mixing and does not stick to the casserole.
- When it has already boiled, pour the contents into a tray and let the whole mixture stand. Once you have finished this step, you already have the recipe ready to consume by cutting it into squares, strips or as you prefer.
Canned coconut with condensed milk
Another way to make canned coconut is to use ingredients such as condensed milk. In this case, the ingredients you will need are a coconut, half a can of condensed milk, 100 grams of brown sugar or brown sugar and a liter of milk. The preparation is as simple as the previous one:
- Peel the coconut to extract the pulp and then grate it.
- Cook the coconut zest with a part of the milk over medium heat for about 45 minutes.
- When you see that the coconut zest is already soft, add the rest of the milk and sugar.
- Stir so that all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Then add the condensed milk.
- Stir again until a dough forms, which does not easily adhere to the casserole.
- Let stand on a tray and you are ready for consumption!
Canned coconut with game
When talking about how to make canned coconut, we can not forget the recipe in which the game is used, an unleavened bread that is made with cassava flour and is also characterized by being very thin, circular and crispy. To make this recipe, you will need a coconut, about 25 grams of game, 100 grams of brown sugar and a liter of milk. Follow the steps below to prepare this recipe:
- The first thing you should do is peel the coconut to extract the pulp and grate it.
- Then, take the casserole and soak it with a little milk so that it softens and can be crushed.
- Then, combine the grated coconut with the crushed casserole and the rest of the ingredients in a pan over high heat.
- When it starts to boil, stir over medium heat until a homogeneous dough is made and watch so that it does not stick to the casserole.
- Finally, you just have to pour into a container to rest and cool.
Canned coconut with pineapple
Another alternative to make canned coconut is in combination with another tropical fruit: pineapple. The ingredients on this occasion are a coconut, 100 grams of brown sugar, a cup of chopped pineapple and a cup of milk. The elaboration is not complicated either:
- The first thing you should do, once again, is to peel the coconut and extract the pulp to grate it.
- You should also peel the pineapple and chop its pulp.
- Then, take the brown sugar and mix it with the cup of milk so that they join well, being convenient to put it in a saucepan over high heat.
- When the milk and brown sugar are well mixed and while the saucepan is still on the stove (over medium heat), add the coconut and pineapple.
- It is important to stir the mixture well for half an hour or until a solid dough is made that does not adhere to the saucepan so that everything is homogeneous.
- It only remains to rest, cool and eat when desired.
Since, we hope we have helped you discover how to make canned coconut With these four recipes, although you should know that there are many more options and possible variations. If you have been interested in these canning recipes, you may want to read these articles:
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make canned coconutWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.