Cook in the dishwasher It has become a trend in homes, although for years cooking at low temperature is a common procedure among chefs. If you have this appliance at home, it is almost certain that you think it is a good idea to take advantage of the washing of some utensils for cooking vegetables, meat, fish and even desserts without the slightest effort and saving on resources. If this is exactly what you have in mind, en.com we give you some useful tips for you to discover how to cook in the dishwasher.You may also be interested: How to cook zucchini
Cooking in the dishwasher: temperature and program
Unlike other cooking methods such as the oven, when cook in the dishwasher It is subject to the type of program that your appliance has. We will then address the three most common temperatures / programs in standard dishwashers along with the type of food suitable for each program:
- 50 ºC, this is usually the ecological program, in it you can cook meat, fish, seafood and eggs.
- 60 ºC or 65 ºC, a fast program of higher temperature with which you can also cook meat, fish, seafood and eggs.
- 75 ºC, this long-lasting program is ideal for cooking harder and more fibrous foods such as vegetables or fruits.
Cooking in the dishwasher: type of packaging to use
In the dishwasher there are traces of food, dirt and soap, so to cook taking advantage of the heat of the water of this appliance it is essential to choose the appropriate container. This technique should be done with airtight glass containers They close perfectly.
The plastic containers we use regularly to store food are not suitable, nor are those made of glass with a plastic lid.
If you have a machine at home for vacuum packing, you can also use this type of packaging to cook in the dishwasher, you just have to make sure that the ones you buy are also suitable for cooking and not only to preserve food.
Cooking in the dishwasher: hygiene
When we cook in the traditional way we have an advantage: high temperatures end up with a large part of the bacteria that may be present in the ingredients. However at cook in the dishwasher at low temperature, this property is not guaranteed, so it is very important to take into account some hygiene measures when preparing meals:
- Make sure the surface you use for cutting, as well as the knives and rags you use, are completely clean.
- Wash vegetables and vegetables thoroughly before storing them in the airtight container.
- Always freeze the fish before cooking, this way you will prevent the spread of Anisakis.
- Use perfectly clean and previously sterilized boats to ensure better food quality and good hygiene.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to cook in the dishwasherWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.